Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 20:38   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Carena
Smile It

I'm happy to see that it works with couples sailing. The space you share with each other sometimes could make or brake a relationship I might think. But maybe you grow closer together. I'm reading all these relationship books at the moment after a relationship brake up. I'm so confused most of the time with all the do's and don'ts related to men that it seems like a terrible task to date. To me it feels like if I show love, respect, appreciation and be there for the person then I'm opening myself up for hurt. Men apparently don't want you to do this and that before this time and that time. All so confusing. I'm learning again the dating scene. It has changed so much since I was a teenager.

I met someone that introduced me to sailing and then decided that he was never looking for someone after making promises all the time to me that he is not just using me while in the country. Well I learned the hard way. I'm trying to take the good out of the relationship and that is that I know I want to sail. So thanks to the sailor I met. May he find happiness. I have no regrets. It hurts and the pain is there but I found something exciting.

Sailing.

Cheers
Old 01-03-2006, 21:01   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Hi Carena, I hope you don't mind me replying, I was going to stay out of this subject and leave it alone to the woman. But if I may... I would like to think that there are still some nice guy's out there and I am sure there is.
Only rule I know of, is don't try to hard. Apart from that, us guy's are fairly easy going. We always think it is the woman that are difficult to workout.
I can't help you on the "opening up for hurt" part. It is something you just have to do. If it doesn't work, DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALY! is the most important lesson you can take from it. You just have to move on. And, don't be afraid to be honest with your feelings and intentions, as long as you don't come on all thick and heavey.
HAVE FUN! is the important rule. A guy wants a girl that is just plain fun.
As for the dating thing again, I feel for ya, I would hate to go through all that again. But I don't think anything has changed. You just need to find a guy that is like minded.
Don't get forced into any situation you don't want to.
Good luck.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:01   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Carena
Thank you Alan

I'm definitely sure that there are some nice guys out there hence the reason I keep on trying. I am confident that one day I will find the guy that will be competable with me. I am fun and very energetic. I was told that I'm sometimes a bit much for some guys. I also enjoy meeting new people. As you say I have to be clear and not be afraid to say what I want and if it doesn't suit maybe I should not even get into the relationship instead of thinking it might work or might become the way I want.

It is all a learning thing. But thanks a lot.

I appreciate the reply

cheers
Old 02-03-2006, 02:52   #4

Boat: Full Moon (Island Trader 37)
pirate

All men are snakes but not all are poisonous!
Good luck & keep trying. Life can be very boring without dreams.