Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 20:42   #1

Kid Boats Cruising Mexico 2007 & '08

Looking for ‘Kid Boats’ heading west coast south to Mexico, currently in Ventura Ca. We will be heading south Oct/Nov 2007 & plan to spend a year in Mexico, about 6 months central America then on to years of cruising the south pacific. My wife & I will be cruising with our son , he’ll be 8 when we head out aboard S\V Hipnautical, a 51’ Morgan Out Island ketch. Hope to hear from anyone with similar plansJ

Thanks!
Roger Curley
Hipnautical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 21:03   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
We are planning to cast off with our two kids in 08 for Mexico/Central America. Boat is currently in Port San Luis....and we can't wait! Our kids are now 8 and 9yrs old.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 10:57   #3

Kid Boats

Ahoy there 3rd day! We've exchanged emails quite a while ago & still there not any other kid boats from this or other two forums heading south this year:-O Still undeterred, we have been 'assured' from other kid-less cruisers ahead of us that there are plenty of kids boat 'out there'...

By coiencidence a kid boat just arrived a few slips down from us in Ventura, they bought thier boat in San Diego & live up near San Fransisco; they have three kids & will be heading south around the same time we are - Oct/Nov 07. We've only spoke breifly at the dock but both have hopes for our kids to mingle enough to ward off mutinies:-)

Perhaps once the kid boats & others head out they discontinue thier forums... We will continue our active web site Hipnautical Sailing Music & Adventure Stories & our emails roger@hipnautical.com . We will be installing SSB/Ham this summer so we'll be in touch & most likley meet along the way.

Roger
Old 22-03-2007, 11:38   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Email sent.

Rich
S/V THIRD DAY
Old 22-03-2007, 18:30   #5

Boat: Sceptre 41
Hi 3rd Day and Hippnautical:

We are planning an adventure similar to 3rd day. leaving in Fall winter of 08 and headed thru the canal. OUr boat is in Vancouver BC (even though we live in Tahoe area. Hope to get it down to Mexico soon. My kids are almost 9 (male) 10 femaile. I'll check out your website.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 19:16   #6
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hi Charlie....cool!

My girl is 9 and boy 8 so it is great to see other people out there with simular aged Kids planning an Adventure! You guys will be going right past us (Port San Luis, Ca) on you way down the Ca coast. We are going to do the 2007 BaHa ha ha rally to Cabo San Lucas this October as kind of a test/boat shake down run. Going down will be two weeks of fun....commin back...well....lets just say the Iron Genny may be put to the Test!

Lets Definitely keep intouch because I'm sure we will see each other out there and with our kids so close in age...they could really have fun together!

Rich and Lori Boren
S/V THIRD DAY
1978 Pearson 365 Ketch
rich_boren"at" sbcglobal"dot"net
The Pearson 365 Yacht Club :: Index
Old 22-03-2007, 21:58   #7

Rich:

I've done the Baja Bash twice. Both times the conditions were nasty. If you need help let me know. I might be able to help bring the boat back. I'd prefer to go down though. LOL

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Old 22-03-2007, 23:20   #8

Sometimes Charlie, you can not have it both ways. Right?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 00:30   #9

Ahoy there Charlie!

Great to hear from you! We will be heading south this fall & linger for a year & a half between Mex & Santa Cruise before heading way out to the south pacific. Our main plan is find other kid boats to keep our 8 year old boy from mutiny. We'll be updating our web site & keep our SSB ears on (once we install it this summer:-). We are giving the BaJaJa some serious thought. Did you have a good number of kid boats on your two Baja runs?

Hipnautical Sailing Music & Adventure Stories

Roger Curley
Old 23-03-2007, 09:59   #10

Captain K Good to hear from you. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Roger:
Just to be clear the Baja Bash is the return trip from Cabo San Lucas up the coast. Have not done the Baja Ha Ha. Debating whether to do it or not. Have you heard about the SSCA's kids on board flags. We bought one. They are cheap and I figured what the heck.

Charlie

Joseph Conrad
Old 23-03-2007, 10:01   #11
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Have you heard about the SSCA's kids on board flags. .

Well heck....I'm a SSCA memeber and don't have a Kids on board flag yet....time for me to order one!
Old 03-04-2007, 20:30   #12

Hi Charlie,

...The bash to windward :-O I should have known, my wife & has named our duet "Windward with Bobbie & Roger". Hope you can make the down hill run as well:-)

Roger

Tags
Mexico