Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2010, 10:21   #121

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
And what EXACTLY is the meaning of this emoticon?
You know, we are a little parochial here...
DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 10:23   #122
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
the only ISSUES this sailing female has is the veracity of males-- there is NONE.. not even regarding sailpartners--LOL-- lies-, one after another. if dealing with lies from males is a nonissue, then, there are NO issues for SAILING females.

ROFLMFAO
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 10:35   #123

Boat: Leopard Catamaran
A relationship takes two. IF the man has to chose between telling the truth, and lying and eating his meal while it is still hot. Eventually it becomes easier to just keep things to himself. It may be cowardly, and it's not right, but no one wants to eat cold food at midnight, (after the yelling has subsided enough to eat without interuption), forever.
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 10:37   #124

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
the only ISSUES this sailing female has is the veracity of males.

ROFLMFAO
Which one???
DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 10:46   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWhisky View Post
Some of the posters used a phrase "high maintenance women".
I'm not so sure what they really mean...
Women who focus on maintaining the boat often neglect their fair share of cooking.
aegean adrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 11:07   #126

Boat: 1978 44 foot Camper & Nicholsons Ketch
Sailing Women don't have issues?!? Don Lucas, you obviously haven't read the threads I have started and responded to!!!
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 11:21   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean adrift View Post
Women who focus on maintaining the boat often neglect their fair share of cooking.
i dont think so....i cook a lot. waaay lot. and well, too..lol i feed neighbors. is one way to get work done by non crew males..LOL
which males lie--ALL males lie-- especially if they think someone else has what they THINK they want NOW. i like them waay better than females, but i wont trust one to appear as crew despite their words spouting their veracity and loyalty--is not there-- i get way more loyalty from my feline critter. he guards boat..

" A relationship takes two. IF the man has to chose between telling the truth, and lying and eating his meal while it is still hot. Eventually it becomes easier to just keep things to himself. It may be cowardly, and it's not right, but no one wants to eat cold food at midnight, (after the yelling has subsided enough to eat without interuption), forever."
FRIENDS donot treat each other as you are describing. but males , when they smell fresh meat, LEAVE friends they claim as friends ...lol never fails.
male is not independent of his smaller head. is a damshame-- sailpartners are difficult to find--especially ones with whom one can actually agree and mesh with as a team over a long term. when a 2 yr partnership is tossed for no earthly reason and the silent member of the alleged team refuses to speak of any thing,then there is not a TEAM but a selfish soul who is parasiting off the other to his own advantage and f-t-team
he wasnt a bf, rather a "really good friend" yeah right. really good friends talk things out-not yelling not cussing-- but they talk and work stuff out.
if one is unable to talk things out--reconsider your needs for crew-- sail solo.
communicationis most important part of team and of crew. without communication there is NO team and no safety and no crew. if you only sail with your spouse,then you havent any idea what it is i am trying to relay to you, as you arent sailing with a FRIEND. you sail with a spouse is different--then ye take with ye your own personal bad habits that both of ye know how to deal with as ye been together long enough to not have DEEVORSE.
Old 20-12-2010, 11:22   #128
CLOD

Boat: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Heels View Post
Sailing Women don't have issues?!? Don Lucas, you obviously haven't read the threads I have started and responded to!!!

I read almost all posts (till is gets so 1 sided to be a waste of the power needed to light my computer screen). But I'm a fairly well trained male and normally keep myself out of trouble.
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 12:00   #129
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
as my wife says there are only 2 things wrong with men,everything they say and everything they do.......mind you my definition of the perfect women is one that turns into a six pack and a pork pie at midnight............................
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 12:12   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
as my wife says there are only 2 things wrong with men,everything they say and everything they do.......mind you my definition of the perfect women is one that turns into a six pack and a pork pie at midnight............................
dont get much sex, then?
rofl... men and their malevolennt opinioning of the ladies they depend on because they are not self sufficient enough to learn good cooking-- lol bitching about how they only like females when they PUT OUT-- whether is food, sex or wtf. lol..and they say WOMEN have issues-- they need to re-evaluate.

is not just females badmouthing men-- lol males badmouth the i8r own wives--is total disrespect-- yet men have the nerve to say women are "high maintenance" and "the*******" in reference to the mother of their kids and provider of their creature comforts... is truly MEN who have the issues. LOL
why didja pick her if yer so damnably disgusted with her!!!!! ROFL!!!!!
Old 20-12-2010, 12:23   #131
CLOD

Boat: none
I cook, clean, fix the boat, do most of the shopping, plan the boat trips, pay the bills, make the bigger of our pay checks. I even sometime do the laundry if it is going to hold up getting tothe boat.

While not that young and thin anymore; I starting to think I have value. Or maybe there is something really wrong with me.

(I was going to edit to have a boating related part, but noticed I memtioned some boat stuff)
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 12:38   #132
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWhisky View Post
And what EXACTLY is the meaning of this emoticon?
You know, we are a little parochial here...
That emoticon is eating popcorn, as in "Think I will go get a box of popcorn, sit back and munch while I watch the replies generated by the previous post which might be interpreted by some readers as a bit inflammatory".

The reason being the term "high maintenance woman" is generally considered quite derogatory. Generally used to describe a person (could be a male) that requires a lot of comfort or luxuries, does not tolerate conditions they don't like and makes their opinions on all the above well known.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 12:47   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
That emoticon is eating popcorn, as in "Think I will go get a box of popcorn, sit back and munch while I watch the replies generated by the previous post which might be interpreted by some readers as a bit inflammatory".

The reason being the term "high maintenance woman" is generally considered quite derogatory. Generally used to describe a person (could be a male) that requires a lot of comfort or luxuries, does not tolerate conditions they don't like and makes their opinions on all the above well known.
ROFL. sounds bit on the sexist side--as was the original mention of high maintenance....as well as the description (one MAN'S ) of high maintenance....
i was always told that evile descriptor was to splain the felames NEED for high priced STUFFIES and NEEDING them to the extent the man hasnt any choice but pay pay pay.lol...didnt have any relationship to women standing up for selves when a sexist male is spewing and slathering about women not being up to their stahndahds..LOL....
Old 20-12-2010, 13:03   #134
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
This study also found that women's body odor smells similar to onions or grapefruit while men smell more like stinky cheese ...”
[/url]
This explains why I love onions but they upset my stomach. Not particularly attracted to cheese, but I hope my wife is...
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 13:13   #135
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
from the wife

re atoll last comment he is just windin you up
he does all the cooking in our establishmment so at least he is good for something!!!!
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote