Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2010, 12:52   #76

Boat: 36' custom steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post
This isn't about commitments, silly... it's about desire...

and tell me I am wrong... but men will stop dead in their tracks to watch a shapely woman walk by... particularly checking out any generous endowments up front. women walk right on by with out ever glancing at the package... the suit and tie, yes... which really supports Anjou's original statement about Men and their instincts ; -)

Himself gets crazy over blinky lights... explain that to me? I don't get the desire for blinky lights!
What attracts men to women versus women to men is different, but so what. The fact remains both have their buttons.

Blinky lights I don't do 'cause I'm a partial Luddite, but I can guarantee that it's related to tools. Men do tools. Hammers to computers (with blinkies). One of my buddies has 6,000 sq. ft house, and it's filled with gadget with blikies. He's got the disease bad.

The commitment thing I can understand why you don't want to go there.
Old 23-02-2010, 12:56   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Anyway, isnt it always the girls who have to slap thier guys for staring at other women?
It's true men are more visual than women. For good reason.

From an evolutionary standpoint, all a man needs is a fertile gal to spread his seed, which in rough terms can be assessed by a quick visual. This is also why men prefer younger women.

But women need help raising the baby, ergo status and power are female attractors (resources).
Old 23-02-2010, 13:00   #78

Boat: 1990 Caliber 38
After a hiatus of a few days to catch up with work, piling it higher and deeper, I have checked back into what is going on in this thread. You are all very funny! And the best part is that I am learning a lot about not only the distaff side of the species but also myself. When you were married or otherwise attached to a significant other did you all communicate as freely and openly and with humor? I think not; i certainly didn't.
KestrelBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 13:03   #79

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
A woman needs a reason to have sex
A man only needs a place
Old 23-02-2010, 13:13   #80

Quote:
A woman needs a reason to have sex
A man only needs a place
You overstate the proposition but basically I agree. From an evolutionary perspective, that makes perfect sense. Not until recently (in evolutionary time scale) were men very caught up in the raising of kids.

Further, I'm not too certain about the 'place' part. When I was 20 I'm not sure I even needed a place. In fact, a couple of times . . . . ah, never mind.
Old 23-02-2010, 13:17   #81
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Quote:
Anyway, isnt it always the girls who have to slap thier guys for staring at other women?
And woman who dress so men will look ... oh and, uh, please don't stop!
hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 13:23   #82

Women dress the way they do largely out of competition WITH OTHER WOMEN. Women can be extremely competitive and this is one such arena. They learn pretty early on that men are visual, so if they want to get the guy, well, the game is on.

And if their guy responds to another woman because his buttons got pushed, well, he gets slapped.
Old 23-02-2010, 13:23   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiracer View Post
You overstate the proposition but basically I agree. From an evolutionary perspective, that makes perfect sense. Not until recently (in evolutionary time scale) were men very caught up in the raising of kids.

Further, I'm not too certain about the 'place' part. When I was 20 I'm not sure I even needed a place. In fact, a couple of times . . . . ah, never mind.
And dont agree with me when Im trying to argue with you
Old 23-02-2010, 13:27   #84

Side note here: Women have better peripheral vision than men. Studies have been done showing that at nude beaches women check out men just as much as men do the women, only women don't get caught because they don't have to turn their head as much.

Guys, the next time you're walking down the street and she clips you because your head turned, think about that.
Old 23-02-2010, 13:28   #85

Quote:
And dont agree with me when Im trying to argue with you
Some of you women take this entirely too seriously.
Old 23-02-2010, 13:28   #86

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
This is great!.....Im having a blast.

My wife taught this to me, and I have found it almost universally true....Men look at women this is very true...and women look at women that get all the looks from the men..

Were just left out in the cold guys..

JOHN...When are we going out for a beer...We will just Look......Hey I just got slaped..

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 13:47   #87

I have to get some work done so I'm taking leave for now, but I'll throw this out for the benefit of all devious guys out there. (Yes, I know I was being redundant).

Thanks to new technology, braining imaging has established that the nerves connecting a woman's feet to her brain connect at a discrete location, i.e., the nerves don't suffuse to various areas of the brain.

Likewise the nerves connecting a woman's clitoris to her brain do so in a discrete location.

Guess what? Those two areas of the brain are immediately adjacent to each other! Meaning that electrical activity from one tends to spill over and stimulate the another--which explains a lot. According to Dr. Amen, men when your woman wants to go shopping for shoes, go with her as you could be richly rewarded.

Sex on the Brain, by Dr. Amen.
Amazon.com: Sex on the Brain: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life (9780307339089): Daniel G. Amen M.D.: Books

One woman's review on Amazon: "I read this book the first day it came out and couldn't put it down. At last there's a manual explaining how men think."

Ah, that works both ways sweetheart. I've purchase not one, but two, books on foot massage.
Old 23-02-2010, 14:11   #88

Some Women look at other women to size up the competition and get fashion tips.
Its allowed.
Men have no excuse
Old 23-02-2010, 14:15   #89

Quote:
Men have no excuse
I beg your pardon? I thought we agreed that women are not very visual. If they were, you can be sure men would put peacocks to shame.

Except as to shoes. I've learned that women tend to notice a man's shoes. Fortunately most men don't know that.
Old 23-02-2010, 14:35   #90
CLOD

Boat: none
Quote:
Some Women look at other women to size up the competition and get fashion tips.
Its allowed.
Men have no excuse
Why would we need an excuse? If you are dressing for fashion isn't that the same saying you're doing it to get us to look at you instead of someone else?

My wife has always said it doesn't matter where you get your appetite, as long as you come home to eat!
sailorboy1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
men