Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2013, 23:56   #241
Cil

Hmmmm! Grammar?! Suffice to say, i struck gold with the second (present) husband!!
Cil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 00:19   #242

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cil View Post
Hmmmm! Grammar?! Suffice to say, i struck gold with the second (present) husband!!
LOL - Damn, I always wanted to own a gold mine - where did you strike?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30   #243

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft

Maybe on my dying death bed, but no until then!

Being a yuppie metro sexual I started coloring my hair about the age of 40, 25 years ago. It caused a big gossip for months as not many males colored their hair back then. I still color my hair, a lighter brown color that looks sort of grey, but certainly no grey. Mennen 5 minute that fades over time and last about a month depending on how often you wash your hair. Also use a instant color spray that make hair look thinker and fuller.

I also have some elective cosmetic procedure done. When I retire I plan on having a face lift done. I hope to fight the aging process every step of the way! Good genes and plenty of lotions/potions and anti aging stuff.

Being a bi/trans gender I have been called a Queen, but that is another discussion.
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:47   #244

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMove View Post
I just spent the last week with my two aunts (70 & 72, both brunette) and the question came up about when would you go gray. Both said never. I am a natural blond, at 24 I found my first gray (really white) hair. Unfortunately for me, it was concentrated where my hair naturally parts -- so (at 57) II have been coloring my hair for a long time (but matching it to my natural color).

As a blond, it is not a big stretch to gray/white (in the earliest memories of my father he had white hair). I am ready to let it go, but my husband (bald and gray) says no.

So ... , have you, when did you, how did you deal with a husband/significant other that (may) have had a different opinion?
The crazy thing is that on the inside I still feel 27!
Gees, wrote a long reply to this. Lost it somehow. Felt kinda silly writing such a long post about my hair anyways

Synopsis- graying at 34, coloring by 36. Colors used- blondes, purple, aqua, cola red, eggplant.

Going back to natural blonde for cruising, sun bleaches my hair whitish blonde anyways.

Below is a picture if my mom and I. She is pretty darn beautiful grey! For the picture I'm giving her a face lift by pulling her ears back, she was supposed to grab the back of my neck to give me a face lift too, but she was laughing too hard( I was laughing too, but still able to do my part!)
Anyways, grey/gray is beautiful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	68113  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52   #245

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft

Color your hair is just the beginning to look younger.

I use the hair pulled back in a pony tail but never tried the ears. If your ears are pierced I guess you could use a elastic band? Speaking of which! If you want a quick face lift, they make clear tabs strips that adhere to your face that attach to elastic bands. I use Halloween mask elastic strings as they give about the right pull to pulls your face taut. I use them for special formal occasions. Most of the time just at the jaw line under the ear to reduce the jowls and smile line. You can buy them at http://www.cosmesearch.com/secretlift/index.html

Did I mention the quick hair color spray for touch ups. The spray also colors the scalp and thickens the hair so it looks like you have more hair than you do. My hair has grown back in but at the crown. Thick enough for a male but not quite thick enough for a female. It also washes out.

Oh! As you get older our hair also start to thin. They make wiglets that have a large open weave that you pull your hair though. Once integrated/weaved in you hair it will not blow/pull off and you can wash/brush it just like you own hair. I use a large crochet hook and takes only a couple of minutes. Being many females have different shades of color even if it does not match it blends well.

Just because you are older does not mean you have to feel and/or look your age. How does this relate to boating? Well being a live aboard almost every thing relates to boating.
rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote