Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 16:12   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Re: Womanship ?

Can imagine the instructions to the foredeck crew, "One hand for the boat and one for hanking off."

Coops.
Old 06-06-2012, 20:32   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops
Can imagine the instructions to the foredeck crew, "One hand for the boat and one for hanking off."

Coops.
Good one Coops!
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 13:32   #33

We want to let all in the sailing community know that you have a shark in your midst. Womanship.com, a worldwide sailing company that professes it can lead anyone on a learning adventure contracted with our group of 11 and 12 year old Girl Scouts on the Chesapeake Bay in June, 2012. We spent time coming to an agreed upon itinerary that led to us putting down a $1400.00 deposit on May 2nd. Since that time, Womanship suspended communication and did not respond to any of our appeals to get information regarding our upcoming trip. Our six Girl Scouts had to sell thousands of cookies to fund this trip, only to be disappointed and be left ashore. To add insult to injury, they continue to ignore all requests for a refund. If our experience is any indication of their business practices, do not spend any time or money on this company! The sailing community needs to spread the word! Don’t believe us? Look on TripAdvisior, Yahoo Travel, Cruisers Forum, Yelp, Sailing School Reviewer to name a few!!! We heard from their lawyer on 9/13 that a refund was in the mail - now it is 9/21 and no check!!!!
moorephun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 13:45   #34

Boat: Pearson 39-2 "Sea Story"
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorephun
We want to let all in the sailing community know that you have a shark in your midst. Womanship.com, a worldwide sailing company that professes it can lead anyone on a learning adventure contracted with our group of 11 and 12 year old Girl Scouts on the Chesapeake Bay in June, 2012. We spent time coming to an agreed upon itinerary that led to us putting down a $1400.00 deposit on May 2nd. Since that time, Womanship suspended communication and did not respond to any of our appeals to get information regarding our upcoming trip. Our six Girl Scouts had to sell thousands of cookies to fund this trip, only to be disappointed and be left ashore. To add insult to injury, they continue to ignore all requests for a refund. If our experience is any indication of their business practices, do not spend any time or money on this company! The sailing community needs to spread the word! Don’t believe us? Look on TripAdvisior, Yahoo Travel, Cruisers Forum, Yelp, Sailing School Reviewer to name a few!!! We heard from their lawyer on 9/13 that a refund was in the mail - now it is 9/21 and no check!!!!
See, I actually did believe you before, but citing sources where anyone can go and write what they want...that does nothing to convince me, especially since you have shown yourself willing to tell your story everywhere.
Old 21-09-2012, 14:16   #35

Boat: 2004 Hunter 41 AC

The Girl Scouts don't have lawyers? Sounds like fraud on a large scale to me. I'd say the no refund policy is part of their business plan. They get the revenue, but don't have any costs associated with actually holding a class. They seem to do it over and over. Hmmmm, that's actually a pretty saavy business model.

If they cancel the trip, they owe your money back, period, regardless of any BS policy. Send a threatening letter, and if that doesn't work, take em to court.

Scott
s/vPainkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 15:39   #36
Armchair Bucketeer

If I was a girl scout I would hire my own lawyer and go after the incompetents I entrusted the money to who clearly failed to do sufficient diligence on the organisation they then sent the cash to and also parted with the cash with insufficient safeguards........and are now trying to deflect blame from selves.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote