Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:46   #1

Main Rigging for Ericson 26

Hello All
I am a newbie salior and could use some help with the main rigging on my Ericson 26. I had all the standing rigging replaced and we could not figure out how the main was rigged. Anyone with ideas or suggestions. Thanks
sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:10   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Sprocket,
Your boat may have been rerigged since it has been new so blocks and such may have changed position since the original so it'd be hard to determine unless one of us was close enough to your boat to come down and take a look.
May I suggest you walk the docks in your area and sea if you can find a boat with the blocks and padeyes located in roughly the same area as yours are and then make some sketches.
Some boats that size have the sheet at the end of the boom led back to a block attached to the traveler and some have mid boom sheeting where the sheet block is on the cabin top.
You might try your local library for boat books.
Good luck.
kind regards,
Old 02-09-2010, 12:48   #3

Boat: rhodes,seafarer,28
Do you have a traveler horse across your cockpit just in front of your steering wheel? If not do you have a traveler horse at all and where is it?
capt.bobfm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ericson, rigging